Below are links to more information about funding startup companies and working with investment groups like Chicago ArchAngels.
The following documents are provided as a courtesy by our Sponsor, Michael Best & Friedrich LLP.
- Entrepreneurs Introduction to Intellectual Property
- Entrepreneurs Introduction to Venture Capital Financing
- Entrepreneurs Introduction to Litigation
- Introduction to High Impact Angel Investing
Illinois Angel Investment Credit Program
Illinois’ Angel Investment Program encourages investments in qualified Illinois businesses by providing qualified investors with a tax credit up to 25% of the amount of their investment. For more information about the program, please visit:
Venture Best Resources and FAQ
The following Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and guides offer high level views to help you navigate and piece together the often complex entrepreneurship puzzle. The FAQs offer fundamental answers to all your basic questions about organizing, financing, HR, IP, and entity valuation, among others. The guides take a bit of a deeper dive into strategic areas, ranging from intellectual property 101, to sweat equity, to start-up basics, and are aimed at entrepreneurs and angel investors with limited experience. Clients and friends have told us that these guides provided them with the tools and lingo to start turning exciting visions into business realities.
The FAQs cover fundamental answers to basic questions about starting, financing, and growing a high impact scalable business:
- Basic Considerations
- Organizing Your Emerging Company
- Financing Your Emerging Company
- HR Issues (Employees, Independent Contractors, Directors)
- Intellectual Property
- Valuing Your Early Stage Company